Write for us
We welcome contributions. Do you want to change lives, share your wisdom and be part of a growing wellbeing community?
Some recommendations:We are all about holistic, preventative wellbeing and self-care. It’s our thing. We like all things that grow, connect, move, nourish, detox and heal. Be that personal stories about major transformations; actionable tips to improve health, happiness, relationships, parenting, habits, acts of courage and vulnerability or nutrition; how to guides or fitness routines. Write about things that talk about what it takes to make other people’s lives better and things that would help make wellbeing easier, faster, and more fun.
If it’s about healthy living and being- mind, body or soul, we would love to share the message!
Some specifics:Write with empathy, authenticity and from a place of caring for others. Write with heart. Be motivating and inspiring, inclusive, informative and positive.
Look at what we already have in our Wellbeing Wisdom Centre and think about what and how to enrich the sharing of wisdom in a collaborative way.
What we encourage:Please:
- Try and be as original as possible: We don’t mind you using prior posts, as long as you make them unique and relevant to Inbreathe.
- Add to the conversation: We feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your wisdom add to what's already there?
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain activity improves your wellbeing, tell us how you know. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/inbreathe].
- Include photos.
- All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine).
- In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, keep in mind the photos that can be already found on Inbreathe’s website.
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your work: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write an inspirational and emotion grabbing opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and concisely what the article will be about?
- Provide tips readers can implement easily.
- Make it personal: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write. Use ‘you’ throughout your article.
- Have empathy and understand that there is no magic formula for holistic wellbeing and that everyone is on a different path of their wellbeing adventure. What works for you, may not work for everyone.
- Be bold and innovative and try different things.
- Please use individual names and titles only. We do not advertise particular products, brand names, businesses or services unless agreed to prior. When choosing our affiliates we have a rigorous process to ensure that we are good fit and that our values and philosophies are aligned. This takes time and experience with one another.
- Use relevant links in brackets and no hyperlinks.
To submit, email us at email@example.com:
- Your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Send as separate files, not pasted within a doc.) Send only images that you own. (See our photo guidelines.)
- Your story (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, and other social media pages, in brackets: [http://facebook.com/Inbreathe].
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your story.
Other important information:
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every proposal we receive. Since we are a small, although growing team of passionate individuals we cannot respond to every request for submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 21 days. If your post has not run within three weeks of submission, we have decided not to publish it at this point. Feel free to submit a different post after 21 days.
- By submitting to Inbreathe you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Inbreathe editorial team considers necessary.