There are many ways to build self- awareness. Here are just a few:
- Pay attention to your self-talk. Listen to your inner voice to get a better idea of the positive and negative thoughts that you use.
- Understand your feelings- By noticing how you feel, you can get a better insight into what you like and what feelings make you react or respond in particular ways. Look for patterns.
- Write down the values that are important to you.
- Write down your strengths.
- Write down your core beliefs.
- Learn to look at yourself objectively and do a self-review: The goal is to study and analyse your decisions. Or you could ask your friends who you trust to tell you their opinion.
- Write a manifesto: What are your goals? If you’re unsure of your goals, a manifesto is a great way to push yourself into figuring out what you want.
- Keep a journal: A journal makes you more aware of what you’re doing and where problems might be coming from because you can record anything. If you spend time recording the little things, like food intake, water intake, or sleep, you might notice a larger trend that you can improve.
- Write down your key plans and priorities: Write down what you want to do and track your progress.
- Take psychometric tests: Tests such as Myers Briggs Type Indicator or DISC may be helpful.
- Meditate: Asking yourself questions, such as:
- What do I want to achieve?
- What is working well for me?
- What am I doing that is slowing me down?
- What can I do to change?
- Try new experiences- We often discover new things about ourselves when we’re in unusual situations, or facing new challenges.
Put these changes in to action!! A plan without action is just a dream.