1) Learning a foreign language boosts brain power.
2) A person’s ability to multi-task is developed.
3) The onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s is stalled.
4) Memory is improved.
5) The mind becomes keener.
6) People who speak more than one language are seen to display improved decision-making ability.
7) The first language is improved.
8) Performance in other academic areas is enhanced.
9) It makes a person more flexible and open to other cultures.
10) Foreign language expands career potentials.
11) It builds self-confidence.
12) It aids in self-discovery and self-actualization.
13) You meet new people
14) It’s becoming essential in today’s global economy
15) It’s great for traveling
16) After learning one, it’s 1000x easier to learn another
17) You become smarter
18) You’ll stay smarter for longer
19) It boosts your creativity
20) It builds up your self-confidence
21) Being bilingual improves cognitive skills and overall brain function
22) Learning a new language increases brain size and connectivity
23) Knowing more than one language protects your brain against aging
24) Enhances your focus
25) Develops empathy for others
26) It boosts your confidence levels
Compared to people that speak one language, adults who speak multiple languages are more likely to: